Friday, March 4, 2011

Presentation Project

For this Presentation Project we had to choose a topic from the following:
-Entrepreneurial Idea
-A case from the Times100
-Non-Profit Organization
-Own Adventure

I chose the non profit organization topic, and decided to talk about a project i did with some friends in Chile for our Entrepreneurship class.
We had to help a city of Chile that was affected by the earthquake of February 27th, 2010.
For the presentation i tried to show the importance of this project and the impact it had( we involved more than 600 people).
My main problem with the presentation was my lack of english proficiency on speaking, but i still tried to do my best.
This presentation project was good for making me practice to speak more well in English and to practice on doing effective presentations.
Before this, i used to fill the slides with a lot of information, thinking that that was better, but now i know that not everyone is like me and many prefer more simple slides and just want to listen to the person who is speaking, and the text distracts them.

I must admit though that i dont like too much presentations, but its something that i will have to confront sooner or later, so it was better to deal with this now.

I used CamStudio for recording the video and audio of the presentation. Also i used Powerpoint, the most common presentation tool around the Windows environment.

I enojoyed watching the presentations of other people, some where really good i must say! From using the rubric i could focus on a topic and watch the presentation again, and you could realize some very itneresting things! For example when you just watch it for pleasure you arent as critique as if you are thinking how is he doing in a certain aspect. When i watched for the third time a presentation i could notice the stuttering and before i never noticed it!!
Criticizing the presentation of another peer helped me notice how superficial i watch lectures or presentations, never putting attention on the HOW they do it, its like before i was just a receiver now I'm an Analyzer.

All this will come handy if you get to work in an area where you need to do presentations. I hope when i get to work that i don't have to do so many presentations, they are tough!


Now i look forward for the Database Project!! I always wanted to learn about databases. Now im in programming courses ISM3254 and ISM3255. In ISM3255 we will also see something about databases so it will be a lot of fun.

GO GATORS!

My Presentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEJPKVR7FLs

No comments:

Post a Comment